Sunday, March 17, 2013

Closing the Comment Section of My Blog

I've had it!! I'm frustrated!! I try to help people with my blog on surviving grief and look forward to many nice comments and have even enjoyed controversal ones over the years. But to have to read the spam that is being put on the comments section of my blog recently is truly disgusting.

Don't these people have anything useful to fill their days besides going into someone's blog and making it sound like an advertisement for various products, most of which don't even exist? I even had a friend send me an email saying she wanted to leave a message about one of my blogs but saw that it was full of spam and felt uncomfortable leaving a real message.

That was the icing on the cake for me. I was angry that I have to cut out comments from parents that might be beneficial for others to read. But so be it. I don't have the time or inclination to deal with spam. Those of you who also have blogs, I hope this has not hit your site.

I have taken off probably almost 100 spams. Google has caught more than 2,000 of them that I never even knew about. I am tired of cleaning it up every day now, so unfortunately, I'm going to have to close off the comment section of my blog for now. I will still write my weekly blog on Sundays, but you will not be able to leave comments, as much as I like to read the ones from those who are grieving the loss of a child. I'm truly sorry it has to be this way, but if I can find a way to keep the spam out, I will open it up again. I WILL KEEP WRITING, SO KEEP LOOKING FOR MY BLOGS.