Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Prayer Registry

Editor’s note: I received the following information about a fairly new online website service. It is not in my new book because I didn’t know about it until now, so I thought I’d give you a little information about it in case you would like to join or get more information.

The Prayer Registry (www.sheriperl.com) is a free website service dedicated to all of the families who have lost children no matter the age.

It was started by Sheri Perl Migdol after she lost her 22 year old son Danny in 2008 to an overdose and dedicated to him. The site registers the anniversary day of the child’s death. Members of this online community, the Prayer Team, have the opportunity to honor their child’s legacy, connect with other bereaved parents, and participate in world-wide group prayer for every registered loved one on the anniversary day of their passing, according to Sheri.

“There is no charge for this service,” said Sheri. “It is my sincere hope that every bereaved parent who registers a child will join the Prayer Team and be a source of prayer for all of the children on the other side.”

Sheri needs only the child’s full name along with the death date. The child’s name will be published on the Prayer Registry calendar and she will upload comments, biographies or any other information you want to share about your child with others. “Once a member, you will receive reminders one week and one day before the anniversary day of one of our kids.”

She encourages bereaved parents to email any questions, concerns or feelings that you would like to share. “My door is always open. I hope this site provides some small measure of balm for the wounds of loss. From one bereaved parent to another, I welcome you to my site and offer my support.”

“This is one club that none of us would join by choice, but since we find ourselves in this unthinkable place, we stand stronger when we stand side by side,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment