Sunday, May 17, 2015

In Loving Memory Conference, April 2016 Being Planned

It’s been a long time, but I’m so happy to see that Glen and Linda Nielsen will be doing their 6th “In Loving Memory” national conference for bereaved parents with no surviving children April 7 – April 10, 2016 at the Hyatt Fairfax at Fair Lakes Hotel in Fairfax, VA with a $89 room rate.

Glen and Linda have not done a conference since 2001. In fact, I took over for them in 2004 and 2007, and with much help we put on a very nice conference called "Now Childless" in Scottsdale, AZ and have not had once since.

The purpose of In Loving Memory is to provide conferences for bereaved parents where they find encouragement and relief from profound grief caused by the death of their child. There will be many workshops and informal sharing sessions for parents to learn coping skills to take back to their daily lives.
 Grandparents, support group chapter leaders, friends and the professionals who assist parents in walking through their grief are encouraged to attend. Special events and activities are planned with a view toward learning and commemoration. Free time has been built into each day to allow time to recharge and refocus in your own way.

Experienced and some new now childless bereaved parents will be presenting workshops with topics relating to our specific concerns e.g.: How do I go on living without my child?, What am I going to do as I age with no children?, What do I do with my and my child’s things?, How do I handle stepchildren?, I am truly alone, as I am single/widowed, How do I plan for a future?, How do I fin d purpose for living?, I’ve had multiple losses and wonder how others have coped, How do I keep my child’s memory alive forever? And so on.

Registration materials will be available soon on the site below. Free parking at the hotel and a free shuttle to major, enclosed shopping centers is available. Centering Corporation will have a bookstore. Authors who have written specific books for childless parents should let the conference know so they can be included. Registration is $75.

More information will be on www.InLovingMemoryConference.org and www.alivealone.org . This is the only gathering that focuses entirely on the needs of parents who have no surviving children.


No comments:

Post a Comment